I found a cool site at funbrain.com that specifically focuses on grammar and sentence structure. If there is free time, I could go to this site and have students answer the questions. The site keeps the score of the students' answers. This is a good way for positive competition as well as a review.
I have found that Excel is an extremely useful program. I know, without a doubt, that I will use it in my classroom for various reasons. For example, making a list for a field trip or homework that have been turned in, creating charts that the students can use, and documenting the grades of my students. When doing book reports with my middle school language arts students, there will be times where they have to read books that I have chosen for them to read. I will make a list of the books with a spot for me to fill out their names and the dates that they took the books and returned them. I will use it for basic organization purposes.
For any project in which data is collected and stored, Excel would be a great tool for all students to use. It is simple to navigate and it allows each student to express their creativity in charts and graphs.
Blog Journal #10 prompts
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment