Saturday, October 17, 2009

Blog 6


The PowerPoint that I created was based on the topic of fragment sentences. I had fun creating this PowerPoint. But, when looking back at it, I realize that there are some things that I could have done better. For example, some of the graphics to not relate to the topics. It is better to have graphics that relate to the topic for easy recollection. The one on this page is a bit hard to read as well. Also, some of the backgrounds were a bit distracting. I for some slides, it would have probably been better if I would have chosen to stick with a solid color.
There are endless possibilities when integrating peripherals and non-computer audio-visual technologies in the classroom. As I have surly mentioned before, I am planning on teaching middle school language arts. When reading books and doing reports on them, I intend to also show the movie, if there is one and is appropriate, after reading the book. Then we will compare the book and film and its pros and cons. I would also incorporate a camera with a project that each student will do at the beginning of the year and end of the year. I will take 4 different pictures of each student. In those 4 pictures they must have four different expressions which show who they are. They must also write a 100 word justification that supports the expression. I will then take those justifications and pictures and incorporate them into a PowerPoint presentation. We will then play a game where the student guess who the people are based on the descriptions. This activity has a double side to it. It challenges each student to really think and evaluate their photos and write down those evaluations, as well as, help each student to get to know one another.
I found the creation of the Jeopardy game to be incredibly helpful to me now. I think it will be a great tool for me to use in my classroom as a review game. There will be many times in which I will conduct review games and using PowerPoint will be very helpful. Just learning how to use the hyperlinks and connecting slides was awesome. Also, the shortcuts to the ribbon were helpful. Now, making PowerPoints is incredibly easy and takes hardly no time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment