Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blog 5


The site that I have chosen to evaluate is the homepage for my personal blackboard. I am sure most of you are familiar with this site. I have found that this site is easy to navigate. It adheres to most of the rules presented in Chapter 6. For example, the color scheme is consistent and the style is consistent. The words are easy to read and the links are easy to follow. The colors are dull, but precise. The links that are offered are simply written. A person who had never been to this site before could easily navigate their way around using the links that are given.
Presentation software has its advantages as well as disadvantages in the classroom. When used properly, they can liven up a lesson. There are endless ways that the presentation software can be used in a classroom. It can be used as the lesson, a review, or a reinforce. But, when not used properly, they may not be beneficial to the classroom at all. For instance, if relied on to do all the teaching, the students may not be accustomed to learning different ways. Also, it is easy to over do them; if they are too boring or, on the opposite end, too distracting, they can not fulfill the task that they were intended to do.
There are 5 knowledge dimensions that should be Incorporated when teaching a lesson. An example of a lesson in which I would incorporate those dimensions would be through a PowerPoint. I would begin by going over the material on the first slide with a flow chart. I will connect key words with images so that the students can make connections. The next few slides would be simple explanations of the information that are more detailed than the flow chart, but relate. I would then lead the students in a series of examples of the material that they just learned. Finally, there would be a final review for understanding using a Jeopardy game through PowerPoint. Hopefully this lesson will be interesting to the student because of the various formats that I am using.

A paragraph on how you might use PowerPoint to support student learning at each knowledge dimension in a particular lesson. Be explicit in your example! Use Chapter 5 for ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment