be crucial. This lesson plan will teach help my students understand the basics of a short story. They will demonstrate this by partnering up and making up a short story and illustrate the story using power point. I will present the introduction to the lesson with an example of one that I did using power point. Then I will hand out an instruction sheet that I made using MS Word. This paper will explain what the requirements as well as the grading system. They will brainstorm ideas using the program Inspiration (we will learn about that program in a few weeks). They will need to print out their webs and write a story. They will need to print a hard copy of the story using MS Word. Once I approve the story and ensure that all of the elements that are required are in the story, they can create their power point illustrations. When the projects are due, each group will present their stories in front of the class. To do this project, technology is extremely important. After I receive my degree and become certified, the plan is to begin teaching middle school l
evel English. Technology will be an important part of my curriculum, but I do have some concerns when it comes to monitoring the students using the technologies. My biggest concern is the Internet. I plan to use the Internet and its vast resources to spice up my lesson plans. With today's society, illegal sites, including porn and other harmful sites, may pop up on my students' screens either accidentally or intentionally. Luckily there are programs that block those sites, but there are always loop holes that students try to find.
evel English. Technology will be an important part of my curriculum, but I do have some concerns when it comes to monitoring the students using the technologies. My biggest concern is the Internet. I plan to use the Internet and its vast resources to spice up my lesson plans. With today's society, illegal sites, including porn and other harmful sites, may pop up on my students' screens either accidentally or intentionally. Luckily there are programs that block those sites, but there are always loop holes that students try to find.There
are many tools on the Internet that can help our students to learn in a more creative manner. I found a site that has various word games that I will allow mys students to play during free or spare time. The site is http://www.theproblemsite.com/word_games.asp. Vocabulary, grammar, and spelling are three vital components to my curriculum. Therefore, these games will give my students the knowledge they need, but have fun while acquiring it.
are many tools on the Internet that can help our students to learn in a more creative manner. I found a site that has various word games that I will allow mys students to play during free or spare time. The site is http://www.theproblemsite.com/word_games.asp. Vocabulary, grammar, and spelling are three vital components to my curriculum. Therefore, these games will give my students the knowledge they need, but have fun while acquiring it. 
I like your idea for the short story project. I'm a creative writing major and have thought about teaching english or literature myself.
ReplyDeleteCool site! I like the wordgames.
ReplyDelete