What can I say, what can I say...? Using technology has been a major part of my education, especially over the last four years. Programs, such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel have been my best friends. I have never had any actual courses on how to use the programs, most of it has been trial and error...mostly error, however, I learned. I may
not know everything there is to know about them, but I am fairly comfortable using them. I like to be extremely creative, I think that is how I learned some of the hidden secretes of PowerPoint. By trying to jazz up every presentation to catch my audience's eye, I would spend hours working on it until I found what I was looking for. I have also experimented with other programs, like Windows Movie Maker. I found this and immediately fell in love with it. I am now able to take home videos and/or pictures and create a DVD with them. It is a perfect program for my siblings and my short film making adventures.
not know everything there is to know about them, but I am fairly comfortable using them. I like to be extremely creative, I think that is how I learned some of the hidden secretes of PowerPoint. By trying to jazz up every presentation to catch my audience's eye, I would spend hours working on it until I found what I was looking for. I have also experimented with other programs, like Windows Movie Maker. I found this and immediately fell in love with it. I am now able to take home videos and/or pictures and create a DVD with them. It is a perfect program for my siblings and my short film making adventures.Over the past years, I have learned a lot of information, but this year I hope to learn even more. I would like to become more comfortable with Excel. I feel that Excel is an extremely important program that can be used in a multitude of ways, from home financing or a simple list. I believe that knowing how to use the program efficiently would greatly benefit. I would also like to learn the more detailed information about Microsoft Word. I am comfortable with the basics, as well as some of the more detailed information, however, not all of the hidden secretes that would make difficult tasks simpler.
My learning style was all over the board. The only area that I was balanced was the sequiential and global areas. I have learned that I am an active learner. I retain information better by doing something with it. I like to do activities and projects on infromation I have learned. For the next category, the quiz determined me as intuitive. I have discovered that this is very true, because am not a fan of boring repetition, or excessive memorization, I prefer to have my specific facts written down and then speak freely about them. I am also a visual learner. Things tend to "click" quicker when I have something to look at such as a diagram or a picture. for the last specification on the quiz I found that I am fairly balanced between the two.

I really like your blog! It's very creative and colorful! I love the visuals! :)
ReplyDeleteI took a class that covered Excel but I haven't used it in so long that I've forgotten a lot. I'm ready to get it back into my brain and learn more about it as well because,like you said, you can use it for so many different things.